EXERT FROM APPENDIX 1 from Don Featherstone's Battles With Model Soldiers
(The book that got me started.)

"Nothing in these pages is a dictate, no word says you must or you shall do it this way. On the contrary, the book sets out from the very beginning to stimulate the reader to think for himself, and to use what he has read merely as a foundation for efforts and ideas which reflect his own temperament and character. Only in this way will he obtain maximum satisfaction from the hobby of battling with model soldiers."

-Don Featherstone 1918 - 2013

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I think I'll call it....a Wheel!

This morning's 1st prototype w magnetic base
For those of us pondering more elegant ways to mark hits, Steve Gill has found a company that offers exactly one of the things  I was trying to figure out how to make.

http://www.warbases.co.uk/#/accessories/4533097200

Just scroll down to see "casualty marker" in 2 formats, 1 with a figure added as an example. I might use drummers instead of dead guys, after all, the massed drums normally formed up behind their battalion, so a better use for them than being squeezed into the ranks.

Litko appears to have something similar in plastic.
http://www.litko.net/products/Casualty%7B47%7DDamage-Token-Dials.html

and I imagine other companies probably offer similar products. or I could keeping working on inventing one.

Hunh! How about that.

3 comments:

  1. Ross Mac,

    I have pondered whether or not to use these single figure bases PLUS sabot unit bases ... and I am seriously inclined towards doing so.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, it works for some people. I know some who swear by it.

    Just didn't work for me. It felt like the worst of both worlds rather than the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wheel you say - about time someone invented one of those.

    ReplyDelete