EXERT FROM APPENDIX 1 from Don Featherstone's Battles With Model Soldiers
(The book that got me started.)

"Nothing in these pages is a dictate, no word says you must or you shall do it this way. On the contrary, the book sets out from the very beginning to stimulate the reader to think for himself, and to use what he has read merely as a foundation for efforts and ideas which reflect his own temperament and character. Only in this way will he obtain maximum satisfaction from the hobby of battling with model soldiers."

-Don Featherstone 1918 - 2013

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whoop!


I know there are some who believe that every miniature deserves to be painted carefully , painstakingly one might say, with the emphasis on pain, with as much accuracy as possible.  Oh well! Slap dash it is for me or an enjoyable painting session becomes a tedious chore. Long as they look lively, and most people can guess sort of what they were meant to be, I'm happy!

(hmm, If I count assembly and priming, I think these may have taken close to 3 hours. Must be middle aged spread.)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice work. Enjoy the painting and let the dice sort em out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good Ross. What is your paint brand/fomula for your Flesh color as it photographs well ...?
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rum bunch. I'd keep my rifle handy if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great to me, Ross.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with them, Ross. They look bloodthirsty, dangerous, and ready to rock and roll. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments gentlemen.

    Chasseur Jeff: I've been using craft acrylics, primarily Ceramcoat, pretty much exclusively for the last 25 or so years. The figures were primed in a mix of varnish and burnt sienna. The flesh was then given a base coat of a dark flesh mixed with burnt sienna (the names change periodically the bottle is actually labelled "native flesh" but I use it and the newer "dark flesh" interchangeably for all my flesh. Once dry it was given a wash of burnt sienna.

    -Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll echo the comments about them looking quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice paintwork. These chaps look as if they need keeping an eye on!

    ReplyDelete