Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rally Around the Flag Indeed

A week or so ago Rob from the Captain's Blog offered me some Airfix ACW he'd gotten through Joseph. Despite previous comments on said bog about Greeks and Gifts I eagerly accepted his offer and this morning I took delivery via another friend, Mike (see http://hikingnovascotia.blogspot.ca/ author of various books on hiking trails amongst other things).  

I have to admit, while anything was welcome, I was especially hoping there would be at least a pair of guns.


OK, got that covered then.

 and cavalry.

and infantry.

OK when Rob said "a box" I wasn't picturing something like 500 figures including some conversions and special uniforms. The forces for the Hants County vs King's County ACW Anapoloosa Valley campaign have just doubled, tripled in terms of artillery. Ample figures to share with Jerry.  

I haven't had time to sort it all but it looks like mostly Airfix including a few cowboys but also a few compatible metals. I'll have to sort out the metals, check catalogues and blogs, take a magnifying glass to the bases etc (and maybe request help) to verify their origin  but I suspect at least some Jacklex, looks like it might have been a box of samples.  Whoever they are, I quite like a number of them.

The basing isn't an exact match but is close enough that I hope to get some of these lads on the table within a week.   

Thanks Rob & Joseph & Michael and .whoever else was involved.


15 comments:

  1. As long as they got a home where they'll see some daylight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like quite a result! My own Airfix ACW guns are currently in the hands of my WW2 Romanians. They were lucky to get them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh

    Looks like a good haul. Enjoy

    Cheers
    PD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross Mac,

    A truly remarkable collection that I am sure that you will get lots of use from.

    I can hardly wait to see them in use on your tabletop.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely cracking gift! You fortunate fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better than Christmas Day, enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its been a few decades since I last got toy soldiers for Christmas!

      Delete
  7. genial genia friends!! thanks





    http://napoleonic-spain.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! I look forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete