Thursday, November 14, 2013

Getting the Drift (Updated)

Just  a sneak preview of things to come.
Briton meets Boer on the revised table.

Jacklex Maxim Gun and crew supported by a handful of Esci figures that have been wearing red coats for 20 odd years now.

Every man the Jacklex Commando can muster, for the moment.

Have a good weekend all.

****Update*****
The Historifig Boers just arrived!

A little slimmer than the Jacklex, but nice figures! Should paint up great. 

oh and this,
not exactly Boer War material but.....

My 30mm Quebec game needed some Indians and rangers.

14 comments:

  1. Looking good there Ross. I must advocate the red coat - it certainly adds tone to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vulgar's not so bad at times. Red coats = no 4.7"gun, no guns at all for the Boers, no guerilla war and no Canadians!

      Delete
  2. Ross Mac,

    The Jacklex figures do look very nice ... and seeing them reminded me that I have some somewhere.

    I have always liked 20mm-scale figures and I have a project in mind that they might well be suitable for.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Sop right there! 30mm Quebec game?!?

    And stop pushing Boers at me, dash it all. My power of resistance are slight at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://gameofmonth.blogspot.ca/2013/03/we-now-return-you-to-raid-on-pointe-aux.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. Ah, well, ah, OK, it was more than 6 months ago!

      Delete
    3. The oxen are slow but the earth is patient.

      Delete
  4. Ho, ho! This is very promising - veldt and kops. Oh, but those figures really are tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you make up your Boer gun crew with there Ross?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1boer voortreker, 1 horseholder,1 pancho villa US officer. Just got some Scruby Boer crew today plus fieldgun.

      Have you checked out the. Dolly Grey 30 mm Willie Boers ?

      Delete
    2. Nope. Well, I have spent a long time gazing at the pictures I have here and there...

      Just examining options. I've been looking at plastics and I am very taken (I know you're not..!) by the Strelets Boers. 44 individual poses. It's hard to ignore them.

      Delete
  6. The table looks good, as do the figures.

    ReplyDelete