Not many of my old units are intact as originally painted. Some figures have been broken, especially some converted command figures, while some US units had coats repainted 2 years ago to convert 4 x 24 figure units into 6 x 16 figure ones. Also I had included officers and nco's in the ranks and the only mounted officers were brigadiers. The proposed OB was calling for the addition of at least 18 mounted officers and nearly 100 more figures In all.
|Another gratuitous shot of some of the lads when they were new. Photo be e tenebris lux.|
OK not a lot of figures by hobby standards but this wasn't supposed to be an expansion, just a rationalization. I decided to take a closer look at how the proposed armies would fit on the table in light of my decision to NOT rebase the figures on washers on to smaller rectangles. The short answer is that it wouldn't.
I decided to revisit my original plan for Charge! companies as historical battalions grouped into brigades which will be treated as Charge! regiments. This only calls for a few more command figures to be cast and converted once spring comes, a dozen or so S&S figures out of the cupboard to be finally painted up and at some point, possibly another battalion of Scrubies. Much less work and even the bigger battles will fit on my table.
But first up are a pair of dismounted Faraway lancers who just need tidying and varnishing.