Friday, March 24, 2017

Uhoh! Shouldn't ha' done that!

I finally got to watching the 1938 Post-WWI North West Indian Frontier movie "The Drum" on Youtube.
The Relief Force struggles to get there in time.
(Archive Footage from 2014)

By halfway​ through I was reminiscing about old MacDuff Colonial skirmishes with single figures, by the end I was trying to figure out what to use for "Natives" since the Scruby 40mm Colonials haven't reappeared,......must go lie down in a dark room until I feel  better.

2 comments:

  1. I've found you have to be very careful what you read/view as this leads to tangents and detours , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Mac,

    THE DRUM is a great film that combines action and humour and a great story. The fighting at the banquet is particularly well done, and the dialogue between the sargeant and Private Kelly is memorable.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete