Saturday, February 17, 2018

Recovery Efforts Contine

By now you'd think I'd remember to allow extra, extra time when moving bookshelves to allow for perusing books I haven't opened in years and for wallowing in nostalgia when I come across things like Barker's Purple Primer on Ancients or a folder of clippings and photos. 

The big problem though was a mix of indecision,  adhoc "try and see" plans due to access issues during planning and the Chinese puzzle aspects of having to move things multiple times. This is the 3rd location for that bookcase by the window and I think I'm going to move it back to the 2nd position underneath the long shelves. But not today.

Even a little added depth is welcome.(An extra 2 squares of depth

At least the jury rigged, reconfigured, 70"x55" (14x11 5" grid squares) table top is in place and ready to use. That was supposed to be part of the next phase and I wasted considerable time looking for the optimum solution and only narrowly avoided buying wood to build a new table. Always best to play a couple of games on a jury rigged test table before issuing a final seal of approval.

Almost unrelated: a new prototype 5" grid woods template, paint on canvas, just add trees. 
No time to work on my room this Sunday and Monday looks iffy but by Tuesday night I should be on the picture hanging phase.

10 comments:

  1. The table is bigger so "job done" in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did rather take priority, not just the small increase (every 3 sqft makes a difference!) but access.

      Delete
  2. Your War Room looks like a nice space though. What are the room dimensions if you don't mind my asking?

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to know.... something like 11 x 16 with 3 feet on either side being under a sloping roof. About 1/3 of the upstairs, our bedroom occupies 1/2 and the stair well the rest. Its my games room, office and den and used to be my painting room as well but I've moved my painting down the the Wreck room where we hang out with our hounds.

      Delete
  3. Certainly looks tidier from previous photos and I do like the painted wood template on canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clutter in my space has been approaching critical mass. I’m impressed at your achievement. There is hope that it can be countered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a challenge to reorganize. It seems the time available is only 90% of the time needed. The room looks good.

    ReplyDelete