Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hold the bridges! (Preview)

I was surprised yesterday that I didn't immediately recognize the scenario. I have vague memories of playing it before, decades ago in 15mm and sometime in the last decade as a WWII scenario at Ron's but obviously I haven't played it recently enough, or often enough, to identify it with a quick glance at the terrain as I can with most of my favourites.

So, today I set a solo game up to give it a whirl.

Brigadier MacDuff leads the pursuit of the retreating Rebels.
This is obviously not a one hour wargame as it took me over an hour to set the terrain up!
(and yes, that is the bare, painted, table top with the experimental, off set, 4" squares restored to 6" squares 9 deep by 12 wide)



2 comments:

  1. The town looks very impressive, do you have rules for fighting in built up areas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing fancy. Anyone may roll through on the road but only infantry may occupy the buildings and preparing them for defence, taking a whole turn to do so but then they count as a fortification. otherwise they block line of sight but don't count as cover for units on the road. I should revive a rule for artillery setting them on fire now that I think about it.

      Delete