Sunday, December 11, 2022

A Bit of Progress

At last, a windy day below freezing, just right for painting.


I was a bit taken aback when I started adding a few figures to the red coat contingent and realized that their white cross on red would work better for French troops than some fictional power. So, I've erased the white crosses and will replace them with,.......something, .......might be just a stripe or something on the shields to enliven them. Time will tell.  

Yeah, I know, most of these figures still need some detailing done. 

I've also decided to do two of the stands of heavy cavalry as individuals or small contingents, in case I want to do some civil war engagements between factions as a break from  knights vs barbarians. 

The whole unnecessary mob should be table ready by next weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Could always do a saltire rather than a normal cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Neville arms, one of the options. I'm leaning towards a Bend, or a Bar, 1/2 the brushstokes. :)

      Delete
  2. I like your use of some of the Feudal playing pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't decided already, how about 'quartering' the surcoats, red and white? Or red and some other colour, and then to the white cross thing. Just a thought...
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete