Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Tuesday, November 4, 2025

"I have a clever plan....."

Thanks for all the feedback & requests.   Its been a ...few...years since I read up on any accounts of Gettysburg apart from various memoirs (from both sides), or based a game on some part of it, and have never gotten around to the Peach Orchard etc. So....I've just been making a brief review of that section of the battle and have decided that to design a scenario to fit my troops on hand, my table, and my one page rules, with at least a whiff of history it'll take a day or six before I can get the game on the table.       
(Luckily I'll be home alone next weekend! :)  ), 

 (see Kinch's Charge 1 July 2013 on my then 6'x8' table.)
Yeah, the armies have grown in numbers since then.

So, in the mean time time, I'll start with a simple scenario from one of the other requested periods and keep going until all requests have been tabled.


18 comments:

  1. Those old pics are great Ross - 20mm ACW is definitely my NEXT choice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't help myself, Airfix ACW were one of my first HO/OO sets when my age only used 1 number.

      Delete
  2. Good choice Ross - Longstreet vs Sickles what’s not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rather nice play in words there, Ross. Unintended I trust?

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lovely Airfix troops once more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous decision. I join those looking forward to more.
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice, Ross! I shall watch these pages with close attention. Well, with whatever attention I can spare... Fall-In is this coming weekend, then it's off to Vermont for modern military shenanigans. But I shall be watching!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must remember to put your name under 1 stand. What rank do you want? :)

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing this, you can’t beat old Airfix, imho.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever is all well and good, but is it cunning?

    ReplyDelete