Ah summer, a thousand and one chores outside, especially cutting firewood for the coming winter now that my usual supplier has retired. Effort vs cash.
(Our wood stove is a main source of heat when the winter nights drop to -15C,-20C....... )
Since I'm also rearranging my game room when I have time, any game or figure additions are likely to be a few days away. So here's a look at the 2016 Fall In wargame convention, I think the last HMGS Con that I drove 1,500 km each way. Portland Maine was only 1/2 that distance and I've missed meeting with some of my American friends, but, my passport has expired. .
| F&IW 40mm homecast figures from the collectons of 2 of the HAWKS club and their Canadian mascot. |
Any future wargame convention, if any, will be the same distance from Nova Scotia but in Canada.
Hopefully, in a day or two I'll have time for figures or a solo game with a blog post to follow.
Looking back over my blog I see I was having a bad patch of blogging then, and therefore don’t have my own report on those two games we ran. I’ve had the F&IW figures out a few times the past two years, which reminds me of those days.
ReplyDeleteI've trimmed my "periods" but the "Conquest' is one that stayed and is growing. PA sent me a couple of moulds for their new 1st Nation warriors, (once I ordered and paid for them).
DeleteMarvellous photo Ross and the entire table and game was a beauty!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Those were good days
DeleteGreat photos indeed.
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland
I wish we'd taken more but as GM's with a full crew there wasn't much spare time.
DeleteGuess I’ll need to come out your way next time.
ReplyDeleteDavid from BC
I've both lived and visited both coasts (and the middle) and they each have their own good and bad East and West coasts have their plusses.. I tried some coast to coast games over video during Covid, but I didn't have a proper equipment, lighting etc and not enough space and money so you'd have to come explore the East Coast to make it worth.coming for a game. :)
ReplyDeleteI never can wrap my head around the Canadian relationship with distance.
ReplyDeleteWell, from east coast to west coast is about not quite twice the distance from London UK to Moscow.........
Delete(It's a long drive, I've only gone once by car and once by train, the rest were by airplane.)