Friday, July 10, 2026

The World Has Changed But, ....

....battles will go on, but with a new backdrop and a table that is 4" taller. 


For the first game on the slightly modified table, Oberhilse and Faraway are at it again in the 1840's

.....but they are fighting on a taller table with an enveloping backdrop

But enough of this: "Let the battle begin!".

19 comments:

  1. The increased altitude may affect performance, although I feel I have to point out it didn't seem to hold the England pig's bladder team back, the other night!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I had to move a major bookcase and it ended up having to go under my table. Still, the extra inches are making the tabletop more comfortable for my back.

      Delete
    2. It's funny how these little ideas can lead to a lost weekend and a new room!

      H

      Delete
  2. The new playing surface looks very good! Dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No change in the tabletop this time, I just had to jack it up to make room to slide a bookshelf under it to make room for a working desk. So still 4'x5'. (A wee bit smaller than the 6'x8' I had in this room 20 years ago.)

      Delete
  3. I do like your back drop it looks good, especially with it being on 3 sides of the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do it before but there was no way to attach the right hand side. My next goal is to find some longer , taller boards so that 3 sides have a back drop. But this will do for this summer and longer until I find something.

      Delete
  4. I really like your backdrop! Did you paint it yourself? I've wanted to do something like that for some time now. Just have to sort out how I want to do it, and then just do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I've done a few over the years starting with small backdrops for photo shoots. I use cheap $Store acrylic paints, light blue and white in the sky and 2 shades of green plus some brown and just let let go, trying not to think too much but let my instincts go.

      Delete
  5. Great backdrop indeed. Looking forward to seeing the forthcoming battle.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trumpets sound and the dice are starting to rattle!

      Delete
  6. Looks great Ross - that first photo is very dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the report(s). Others have mentioned the backdrop, so I won’t add to the comments, but LOVELY stuff 🙂👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, It has just struck me that it resembles the field, woods and hills across the road from our house.

      Delete
  8. Oooh, two new 'shiny' things Ross. That's pretty excessive!!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not all that shiny, just a little shiny, esp the well handled veterans.

      Delete