EXERT FROM APPENDIX 1 from Don Featherstone's Battles With Model Soldiers
(The book that got me started.)

"Nothing in these pages is a dictate, no word says you must or you shall do it this way. On the contrary, the book sets out from the very beginning to stimulate the reader to think for himself, and to use what he has read merely as a foundation for efforts and ideas which reflect his own temperament and character. Only in this way will he obtain maximum satisfaction from the hobby of battling with model soldiers."

-Don Featherstone 1918 - 2013

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Progress of sorts

I managed a few hours away from household duties yesterday   to spend on my own affairs. My room is not all together and done but it is at least  serviceable again. Once I have the time and money I now have room again for a 5'*6' table without being  cramped and room for a temporary  expansion if I figure  out how to work it.  An extra 10sq ft may not sound like much but it would be a 50% increase and give 2 small coastal/lake fleets room to maneuver.
There was another little project distracting me today, hopefully I'll have a picture and explanation tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the description of this battle! I have some sailing ships about that size I have built, but no idea of what rules to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any rules yet either. Until I dropped the first couple onto the table to get them out if my way, I didn't think I had room to even think about it. Its inevitable now.

      Delete