Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Meanwhile, back on the workdesk

Just before interrupting myself for last Saturday's game set in.........what is the current accepted term for Twightlight years of the Roman Empire? Anyway, I was about to start updating some more old figures.
Oerberg Militia preparing for battle.
These lads were recruited almost a decade ago (in my pre-blog 'MacDuff on the Web' days) as a unit of Irregular mounted rifle unit, for my aborted Oregon War. The figures are Scruby ACW cavalry, in shell jackets, most wearing slouch hats. I took advantage of the original alt-history setting to borrow inspiration from various attractive uniforms from the 1840's ranging from Cape Mounted Rifles  to Texas Rangers.

Since I have decided to jettison the 1840's I now need these favourite figures to blend into an early 20thC setting so I have set to with my renewed store of Greenstuff to lengthen jackets and add ammunition bandoleers.

A lick of paint and varnish plus some regulation 2 man bases and there will be 2 stands of Oerberg citizen soldiers from two different units. I need to replace a couple of broken horses before I update the next 4 figures.

7 comments:

  1. "current accepted term for Twightlight years of the Roman Empire" - Late Antiquity? Early Medieval? Not-the-Dark-Ages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart conversions, I would never have guessed these were originally ACW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the advantages of old, simple. low detail figures.....

      Delete
  3. ROSS- well done on the Conversions - very clever with the 'Green Stuff'. Question: Where is your 'Followers' List of photos on your Blog - want to find it so I can Re-Join-up with you...the 'Gadget' has seemed to disappear. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Kev, it doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have to add other people's blogs by going to my "reading list" and clicking on the "pencil" to edit my reading list at which point I can add some one. Seems a lot of bother compared to the old way but it seems like they want people to use other ways.

      Delete
    2. Ross- I cannot work out how to join you and feature your Blog on my Favourites list...at the moment I'm finding you through Bob Cordery's Blog....anyhow - you have my TINKERTON Postings which you have written upon making comment - and this IS good. Thanks. KEV.

      Delete