Friday, October 20, 2017

Mobilization Contiues

The first four Oerberg Riders have had their clothing and equipment updated. Dismounted Riders will follow then the other halves of these two squadrons.



I was going to put in before & after pictures but umh, well,  apparently, despite having appeared in many battle report photos, only one or two have had their portraits done. Oh well, what's done is done.

Anyway,  when I originally decided to go for the Shiny Toy Soldier look 10 years ago, this is more the look I wanted. At the time though, I had somehow managed to convince myself that my table was too small for anything but musket era battles in 40mm, hence the choice of the 1840's. 
The Constabulary has now acquired a PomPom gun crew who have retired from Oberhilse service and  light blue trousers and donned tan ones to fight for Oerberg. 

9 comments:

  1. The turned up brim and bandoleered rider is a smart look that spans a goodly timeframe and unit types. A particularly nice fit for shiny toy soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross- sensational figures- looking excellent! Hope to see a forthcoming Battle involving them. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross Mac,

    I've been away for two weeks, and I am just catching up with your blog. I really like the latest figures you have been adding to your collection. They look just right for the late nineteenth/early twentieth century, and I look forward to seeing them in action.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great Ross! Is the PomPom from Scruby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloss varnish covers a multiple of sins.

      Its a kluge I improvised 3 years ago when I looked at a picture of a pompom and decided that it looked like an oversized maxim on a gun carriage. Scruby 40mm Gatling carriage + 54mm Vickers MG barrel by Airfix.

      Delete