Friday, December 26, 2014

Here They Come Again!

The game is a table!

Since I'm not ready to play the full second day I  taped off a corner of the table, a bit over 1/2 the possible playing area, and just laid out the 1st day terrain. The larger number of 4" squares made it easier as hoped.
Masking tape roads and railway cuts won't earn any beauty awards but they are fast and flexible.

 I did investigate the possible of scaling each brigade to match historical totals but in most cases the total stands per division ended up the same as using standard sized brigade units so I went the easy  OS route and all brigades are 3 strong except 2 in the VI corps which are short a stand to correct the Divisional numbers.

Hopefully I'll finish the game tomorrow and have time for a fantasy medieval game then a year end Toy Soldier game.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see Santa did not forget you. Have a great New Year! Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Mac,

    I have followed your blogs about re fighting Zgettysburg with interest, and you do seem to be on the verge of achieving your goal. Keep up the excellent work.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure initially that I wanted to come here but I am enjoying it.

      Delete
    2. Ross Mac,

      Zgettysburg? Was I drunk? Too many glasses of ginger beer I'm afraid!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    3. Not using a touchpad keyboard by any chance. Z is right next to the shift key. Its a familiar spelling......

      Delete
  3. Ross Mac,

    Got it in one! Oh the joys of using an iPad!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete