Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Oh look, more Huns!

 We're getting closer!

Huns defending their wagon laager fortified camp.

I'm running out of archers to convert but there's still a pile of the batch of 100 really cheap, gold, Elastolin vikings that I bought on ebay in 2004 as conversion fodder  to jump start a very small collection into wargame  'armies'.

Helmets modified, weapons made from brass rods, spare top 1/2 of a spare Hun standard bearer swapped in, and Presto! Some more wagon defenders.


Once this lot are done I might refurbish some more horse archers or just put a game on the table.

10 comments:

  1. These are fine, dramatic figures Ross. They are going to look even better once they have seen the R Mac magic brush, just like those archers. That's an excellent photo too, of the fellows having a lager,... I mean behind the laager. Mind you, the former is probably occurring too, n'est pas?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something light
      to get them ready
      for the fight?

      Could be, could be....

      Delete
  2. I believe Huns came in hordes, plural, so I suspect you can never have too many of them!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, if so many show up that I need to invade the room next door to make room for them, there could be trouble!

      Delete
  3. That was a great buy in 2004. They have waited patiently to become a horde...
    Looking forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this would probably never been started without them. I'm about 1/2 way through them.

      Delete
  4. Those are really nice figures, I'm looking forward to seeing them painted up!

    ReplyDelete