Thursday, May 11, 2023

D-7

Yikes! A week since the last post! Not much hobby time this past week, partly to do with spring chores, partly community volunteering and so on, but, I now have a start on the last minute recruiting.


Cuirassiers, Cowboys, Hussars and Uhlans, all joining the Mamlukes.

A week from today, I need to be packed and ready to go!  I could just pack up now and fudge standings for the not yet painted miniatures,  but I'll be much happier if I can finish another dozen Mamelukes (to replace stand-ins ) and 10 more French infantry....and a few more buildings, and......

6 comments:

  1. I'm at the "could go with what I've got" stage, but I'm aiming for 'as good as I can make it given the circumstances'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and..." the bane of every wargamer - but seeing those new Mamelukes it's got to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't be a full convention experience if there weren't a batch of figs to get ready "just in time."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice conversions Ross…
    My experience is that a good convention game has a whiff of fresh varnish about it…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how many figures one has, the last minute prep to field at least one more unit/figure seems universal.

    ReplyDelete