Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

That's All Folks

 Well, our little mini-con has come and gone but it was a darned good 1st one. The closest events of this sort that I have at least vague memories of were back in the 1980's but plans are ready being made for next year. 

I was too busy to remember to take photos, apart from the one below, so I've pirated some others of games I played in or ran. Alas I'm missing any shots of the Time Tripper game that I played in to start the weekend. 

A C&C 15mm game, Salamanca possibly? Peninsula War anyway. The Spanish-for-the-occasion cavalry in the foreground, were French Revolution Austrian cavalry by Battle Honours that I painted for my Austrian army late last century, but now belong to Jeff who uses them as Spanish cavalry. 

These 2 pictures were of my replay of my "Meet Me At the Oasis" game.



Lastly, Montrose vs the Covenanters at ..mumble...


The weekend was a great success and plans are already being hatched for next year. 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was a success with some great looking games on .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know the hobby is alive and well, even if my corner is a bit old school.

      Delete
  2. The lack of photos is a true measure of engagement with the gaming - good to read that the weekend was a success

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good sign when people are excited about the next one already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might not be too far a hop from the environs of New Hampshire. Does the con (or will it) have a web presence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just on Facebook I think.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490989254647576/

      About a 12 hr drive I think, if you come straight up to NB , about the same as Halifax to Portlsnd so 16ish if go via the interstate. (Based on past drives to HMGS cons which were 18+ hrs if done none stop which I only did twice, with co-drivers.)

      Delete