Wednesday, October 4, 2023

That's All Folks

 Well, our little mini-con has come and gone but it was a darned good 1st one. The closest events of this sort that I have at least vague memories of were back in the 1980's but plans are ready being made for next year. 

I was too busy to remember to take photos, apart from the one below, so I've pirated some others of games I played in or ran. Alas I'm missing any shots of the Time Tripper game that I played in to start the weekend. 

A C&C 15mm game, Salamanca possibly? Peninsula War anyway. The Spanish-for-the-occasion cavalry in the foreground, were French Revolution Austrian cavalry by Battle Honours that I painted for my Austrian army late last century, but now belong to Jeff who uses them as Spanish cavalry. 

These 2 pictures were of my replay of my "Meet Me At the Oasis" game.



Lastly, Montrose vs the Covenanters at ..mumble...


The weekend was a great success and plans are already being hatched for next year. 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was a success with some great looking games on .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know the hobby is alive and well, even if my corner is a bit old school.

      Delete
  2. The lack of photos is a true measure of engagement with the gaming - good to read that the weekend was a success

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good sign when people are excited about the next one already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might not be too far a hop from the environs of New Hampshire. Does the con (or will it) have a web presence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just on Facebook I think.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490989254647576/

      About a 12 hr drive I think, if you come straight up to NB , about the same as Halifax to Portlsnd so 16ish if go via the interstate. (Based on past drives to HMGS cons which were 18+ hrs if done none stop which I only did twice, with co-drivers.)

      Delete