Sunday, February 18, 2024

Ready For Inspection

After 15 years in coatees and Havelocks, the Belmont Fusiliers are ready to take the field again in shell jackets and 'Porkpie' forage caps. 

"Well men, a good turn out. War looms and you'll be needed some but today I'm ordering an extra ration of rum to celebrate your arrival."

A few more units to touch up and rebase and I should be able to put a small game on the table before the weekend. 


Ps: This regiment and the General can be seen as they were in 2008/9 on the near left side of the header picture at the top of the blog homepage. The rabj and file started life as Historifigs Scruby 40mm ACW figures. The officers were original sculpts.

13 comments:

  1. The picture hasn’t worked Ross.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks for letting me know. Just works for me then, I should never do late night posts.....

      Delete
    2. SHOULD be working for everyone now.......

      Delete
    3. It is! Nice picture. The Officer figure is very good.

      Delete
    4. I have been pleased with him, a rather drastic conversion of a Zinnbrigade Waterloo British Dragoon officer.

      Delete
  2. You should do a before and after picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look great in their new kit.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. That would have been a good idea!
      At least they appear in their original conversion for Indian service on the blogheader, so I've now added a note.

      Delete
    3. I knew I'd seen that Officer before!! Like every time I look at your blog... 🤦‍♂️

      Delete
  3. New kit....and new colours, if I'm not mistaken, too! Well turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass that on to their Colonel.
      They've carried these colours since at least 2011 (based on photos) but they certainly didn't carry any in 2008.

      Delete
  4. A parade of redcoats- it brings a lump to the throat and a sniff of pride every time!

    Splendid looking fellows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A change is as good as a rest... well, if it's a good change... let's see how well they fight...

    ReplyDelete