Friday, September 13, 2024

A Different Approach

Well, even disregarding a whole series of hobby interruptions,  the last game may have leaned towards some simple, early wargame rules (which was my intent) but it just didn't satisfy. So, another quick reference sheet has been crumpled up and tossed into the paper bin.

Turning to various historical mid 19th C diaries, memoirs, court-martial testimonies, training manuals, and so on, as well as various 21C sets of simple rules, I've come up with a rather different approach.

So, the table has been reset and units swapped out (to make it easier to tell pictures of the 2 games apart). 


I'm on my own for the weekend so Saturday is game time!




11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing of the fruits of game time.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's FINALLY gotten onto the table and 3 turns played.....sighhhhh hopefully I'll finish it on Monday.

      Delete
  2. Intriguing! I look forward to hearing and seeing more.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Hearing' 'cause I clearly read aloud...

      Delete
    2. Well, I thought about commentary with background music, but....

      Delete
  3. Two such good looking armies. Ok you've got me intrigued as to how you'd like games to go. I like eg the opening battles of the ACW as morale seems quite fragile, so failed morale and quick rallies producing a back and forth game of the type I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know when I figure it out. My better way collapsed before hitting the table but after more contemplation and searching, I finally managed to find the hidden backup copy of the quickly improvised rules for the successful 54mm redcoats vs redskins game from last July and have just tidied them up and started in.

      Delete
  4. My view is that the more competitive the game the more complicated rules need to be. Games between friends you can talk ambiguities through as long as you have an idea of how they should work, solo games it only takes 1 person to agree...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 in this case (yes.....Me, Myself and I, sometimes hard to get those 3 to agree.

      Delete
  5. Never a dull moment in the Belmont Marches, is it? Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete