Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Friday, June 20, 2025

Distractions, Always Distractions

I was clearing up my increasingly cluttered table when I came upon this figure, mostly painted. The figure was (I think) meant to be either blocking or about to club someone. A pose I hadn't seen in an ACW set. (According to Plastic Soldier Review he's from an  Accurate set.)

I didn't have any room for another regiment, and I didn't feel like prying another figure off a base to replace it with this guy. So, I cut the musket away from his left hand and using a little soldering iron to coax the right arm to twist back, then finished painting him. 

He'll now be another casualty marker for when a stand is removed after receiving 6 hits.

3 comments:

  1. An excellent idea imho.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a great way of using a surplus figure. I do wonder, though, whether his 'red badge of courage' would be so visible immediately after he has been hit - artistic licence to make clear he's a casualty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll confess. I finished painting him, went to take the picture and there was a patch of unpainted plastic in between his head and his hand. The paints were away but on my palette, there was still a small puddle of red paint..... so.....the poor guy was soon hit twice by the storm of Reb bullets! :)

      Delete