Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

'Hurry Up and Wait!'

The plan was an afternoon to play out the game. I managed to play 2 turns today......sighhh

At least the advanced units are engaged.

Ah well, there's still tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ross,

    Ah, the classic wargamer's dilemma—"Hurry up and wait" is right! It's always frustrating when real-life pace doesn't match the tabletop plans, but getting those lead elements locked in combat is a proper start. Good luck pushing through the rest of the battle tomorrow!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Sunday, I'm not yet aware of urgent tasks to be done, I just might get to play the game to the end. Might even declare thunderstorm and have the armes retreat and start again in the morning.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a glorious Sunday prospect! Nothing wrong with letting a sudden thunderstorm save the day if time runs short. Hope you manage to get back to the table and push through to the end!

      All the best, Andy

      Delete
  2. Nice, I especially like the rifles in green with the broad brimmed hats, they look the business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be there tomorrow and the promise of a game to come will be there in the interim.
    Great table and figures.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Government promises! :). But I'm expecting to have time to play today.

    ReplyDelete