Saturday, August 1, 2026

Still A Mess But Making Progress

 I've decided on dropping the 1812 look and focus on the 1830's with my fictional opponents. 

If you can't see this picture, please let me know.


Work is progressing......

8 comments:

  1. Progress is good. :D
    I can see the pic. Looks like there are some ghosts amongst your army...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just pale and hungover after celebrating the news that they will finally get painted and ride to battle after 1/2 century in their underwear.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ross,

    Top-notch stuff! The 1830s is a top choice for a fictional setting—plenty of scope for colourful uniforms and interesting tactical changes. Good to hear progress is being made, and the image loaded without a hitch!

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The choice of that date is partly because of 2 minor rebellions in Upper and Lower Canada in familiar terrain, and partly because I like the regulars' uniforms on both sides :)

      Delete
  3. Confirmed... picture seeable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Focus is good. Focus means powerful presentations.

    Dive deep into the 1830s look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For decades I avoided napoleonics and anything up to ww2. Then a chance article in solo wargames mag about mid century wargames based losely on Crimea era unlocked Pandora’s box - horse and musket now is essentially that long peace 1816 to 1848 ish - small armies plus all the napoleonic bling and new kit like trains and telegraph. So very pleased to see you adventuring into this era. I chose 1/72 or 20-25mm injection moulded plastics for cheapness. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete