Friday, August 14, 2015

Are We There Yet?

Nope. Of course I did take Thursday off to go to Halifax to play a game of Colonial Battlecry.


Ron's Ral Partha and Minifig Troops apart from a few of my old RAFM and Frontier mounted officers from our early 1990's games when the units were 20 strong. As so often I was too absorbed in the game that I forgot to haul out my phone to take a shot until after I'd been forced to give up the effort to break through his Hasty Blocking Position. 
(Not sure what's up with the colour! Sorry!)
I am very slowly getting my room back into order but having had to move my painting light a few weeks ago without having my old desk upstairs ready to go again yet, I finding that I am getting impatient at not being able to sit and paint when I get the itch. Should have that fixed my Monday if not sooner.

In the meantime I did make time to play that test game so I could move the table out of the way to gain manoeuvring room.
Since I was using my first metal wargame figures (30mm from 1973), and it was the first game on 1 10 x 14 grid of 9cm squares, I decided to play the first scenario from CS Grant's first book of Wargame Scenarios.

A narrow squeaker of a win for my British over a programmed French attack and a good time was had my me.


No comments:

Post a Comment