Friday, April 22, 2022

Inch By Inch, Row By Row

Lots of detailing left to do, but the table is at least useable now.

The French Rev armies weren't planned to work with the grid but they kinda like it.

There is a 3" wide strip  on the northern side (viewers left) due to the table being 48" wide. Originally this was going to be against the wall and could be used for backdrop scenery or for off table troops nearing the edge. When I turned the table, I contemplating splitting it between the two sides or using it as a base for a backdrop panel but decided to leave it be as it would be  easy to add a 2" extension if i found that 9 squares by 12 squares wasn't quite enough

Cutting and repainting hills to fit the grid and colour scheme should start this coming week but I'll probably test it before then....



11 comments:

  1. Absolutely inspiring work, one of the best looking grids I have seen. Can’t wait to see it in action…

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dedication to grid works continues to amaze

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome, Ross, turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be pecking at it for a while yet but its heading in the desired direction.

      Delete
  4. That's great stuff Ross. I was thinking about what I was going to do for my 5" grids, since that seems to be what will work best for my based and my single figure collections. Still not sure if I want to go with painted foamcore boards or a cloth. I think either would work.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is a cloth stores easily and never warps. :)

      Delete
  5. After reading so many of your posts, there is but one really relevant question: are you enjoying yourself and having fun? There are lots of different ways to play a wargame but if you are not smiling a lot and feeling that rich source of contentment our hobby brings, it really isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete