Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Dress Rehearsal

My scheduled Saturday night game at Huzzah was inspired by my first little spontaneous French vs Turks game last year. The Con is a couple of  weeks away and I hadn't got past the vague idea. I'd been too busy painting, and working on the other game and didn't have a large enough table for even a smaller version, nor did I have a firm idea of the larger scenario.

I certainly didn't expect myself falling back to my good old gridded battlefields and rules, but they are quick and easy and there is a narrow window to set up, play, and packup.

Got most of that sorted and my temporarily expanded table is very close to the playing surface on the day. (There'll be bare table room on either end, enough for QRS's, coffee cups, etc. )

A Syrian village, somewhere on the edge of the high ground, not too far from Acre which is under siege. 

I'm afraid I can't really show the whole table in case a future player is dropping by....... 

Hopefully politeness and the shinyness of the toy soldiers will deter onlookers and players from commenting on the presence of Heavy cavalry as well as Dragoons, and of the Hussars being from the wrong unit.

Should be able to have a solo playtest on Friday and then go from there.  



3 comments:

  1. I think anyone who gets to game with this set up will be fortunate indeed.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty thing…
    Who wouldn’t want to play…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I would play that in a heartbeat! Looks splendid. I'm sure it will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete