Friday, April 21, 2023

Pour La Republique!

I was getting ready to play a solo test game of my enlarged 'Oasis' game when I realized that I hadn't painted up my French cavalry commander yet. 


Yes, I could have substituted a SYW officer for today but Huzzah! is coming fast and I had collected the bits I was planning to use (Zinnbrigade British Dragoons officer, Elastolin horse) so I stopped to complete the transformation. The face hadn't cast up very cleanly so I had to add a nose. A nose which I then squished while I was trying to do something else, then fixed, then squished again...... and then rubbed off bits of not yet dried paint....finally I had to put the figure down and go away and do something else. It was that sort of day, physical brain coasting while imagination tried to solve a dozen minor issues at once without regard to what the body was doing. 

Anyway, The 2nd nose was the best but...... and the painting is "a bit" sloppy, but he's a toy soldier not a display model and if I take off my reading glasses I can't really see his nose anymore anyway! In the lighting at the Con on a Saturday evening with a battle on the go, he'll do.  

Now the solo test game can go ahead tomorrow, (Saturday).


To be continued.

13 comments:

  1. Fine specimen! I like the action pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the metal rider and the plastic horse were sculpted in Germany last century. They do seem to have had a knack for it.

      Delete
  2. I think that's what they call "panache". ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That was my hope. Those rearing Elastolin horses just ooze drama!

      Delete
  4. Panache to the nth degree!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be interesting to see if its real or just an act.

      Delete
  5. General Nez-Squished looks good - fantastic horse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great...and the Cavalry are commanded by General Nezcasse

      Delete
  6. That is a fabulous ride for your commander, are you sure he can control such a fiery mount?

    ReplyDelete
  7. He certainly looks glorious… but will he be victorious.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete