Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Bring Up The Infantry

I have a rather crowded box of recruits for my Prince Valiant games so I try to paint at least a few figures for each game.

A new company of Sassanid Infantry.
(Oops..meant to add a darker wash over the flesh, I'll have to fix that. It was a super quick paint job.)

These recruits are yet another use of some of the 100  gold novelty figures I bought for $0.10@ nearly 20 years ago.


The table has been tentatively laid out and some troops brought out of storage.


Now to work out the details of the scenario.


9 comments:

  1. They have painted up well .
    I am glad you gave a good home to these poor gold figures ( why anyone would paint them gold l cannot imagine) and clothed them appropriately.
    Tentative table looking promising…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't painted gold, they were cast in gold plastic. Probably prizes in a party treat or in one of those bubblegum style machines or in a party cracker, easter egg etc etc.

      Delete
  2. For a Super Quick paint job they look really nice! The original figure looks familiar though I don't know why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUperb figures, love the shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to sand away the original detail but the plastic was hard! So I flooded them with white glue.

      Delete
  4. Nice. Love it when cheap figures prove useful.

    ReplyDelete