Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Year 14: Steady as She Goes

Well, here it is again, the 4th of July, and time for my annual look at things. 13 years have passed since my "little incident" (ie heart attack) and very little has changed since last year. 

54's in Action

I have managed to resurrect some of the figures I had put on notice while simultaneously reducing the number of "periods" I'm playing, thus allowing more table time for each, and reducing the number of sets or rules I need to keep in my head.  I also managed to get to my first convention since Covid hit, and managed 3 games against live opponents in addition to the convention games. So, all in all a successful year. 

1/72nd ACW, its just about time they came back out. 

As for the year ahead, the only disturbing thing is my desire to just keep doing what I'm doing with no urge to change rules or scales or periods or......well, it just seems like not changing would be a big change but, on the other hand, not changing would be a change in itself, so I'll just go with the flow.   

I've got more BIG tall metal Scots Pikes and  CHUNKY printed highlanders to paint and then exercise so we should see at least one 16thC game. 

and  then....

Prince Micheal has yet to meet these fellows who also have 3d printed reinforcements on the workbench.


So, let the paint fly on and the dice roll! 


12 comments:

  1. "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." Lao Tzu

    (not sure what that means. ha ha)

    Or as Bowie sang, "Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes".

    Congrats on 14 years! Game on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say having a 13th anniversary of a heart attack was a celebration by itself. But conventions and games are accomplishments, and reduced periods generally a good idea. Go forth and conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! My 11th is next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! As for "the only disturbing thing is my desire to just keep doing what I'm doing with no urge to change rules or scales or periods", that sounds like the kind of thing that merely by uttering it, you set in motion events that will lead to you changing rules, or scales, or periods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here’s to many more anniversaries!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well navigated and may you continue to have smooth sailing (ie, more of the same: who needs change?) for the next 14.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you - keep on keeping on! Your game setups are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you are doing it certainly seems to be working… here’s to lots more games and toys.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever you are doing seems to be working… here’s to lots more games and toys…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete