Thursday, July 13, 2023

Hot Fighting On The Eastern Front

 Well, having done my outside chores early this morning, I envisaged an afternoon game. 

Yesterday, I gave the scenario some thought. My original idea was for a force of Persian infantry holding the pass with a cavalry force pursuing the Romans but that seemed too much like the last Persian game so I sent it back for review. The heat having drained energy and ideas, I settled on a straight larger force trying to break through a smaller force in a defensive position.

"Ready for a hot fight men?"

However, with a temperature over 30C in my room, and a reported Humidex ("feel like" due to humidity) temperature of 38C!, I decided that the game could wait a day or so!

7 comments:

  1. Yessir, 83F and feels like 88F here in Maine. Good day to knock off early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we didn't get flooded like some nearby States and Provinces! (What's wrong with the computer that controls our weather?!!!)

      Delete
    2. The programmer thought AI stood for artificial incompetence.

      Delete
  2. I recall fighting 'Operation Uranus' in 30+ degree (86F) a few years ago. Mind you, the time of year was almost right: early December...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, seems to be some relation between season and weather.......

      Delete
  3. Here in Scotland it is 18C which is about as high as it's been all week - and raining! I look forward to seeing your game when the weather permits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 2 months of record breaking rain, the hot weather is almost welcome. Now if I could just find the reset button.

      Delete