Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Answering the Call

A couple of energetic Halifax gamers (not me) have organized a small weekend wargame convention, hopefully the first of many.  Its been decades since the last small one that I can remember so I figured it was my duty as well as to my possible long term benefit, to support them so I'm going to run a game and hopefully play in something new to me. 

Newly cast and painted gunners for an upcoming local convention game.

However the real point of this post is that my friend Paul will run a 25mm ECW game. For the scenario he is planning, he needed some more Scots gunners. Knowing that back in 2010 I had sculpted and cast up a regiment of Lowland Scots ( one figure in neutral pose with open hand), he asked if I could cast up and paint 6 gunners for him.  Job Done! (see above)

About life size. 25mm, Sculpted, cast and painted 2010

I do like not having to find quarters, pay and rations for new figures! 

8 comments:

  1. Have you decided what type of game you're going to run yet Ross? (Prince Valiant! - subliminal message)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. :) Prince Valiant's companions will be appearing soon!

      Delete
  2. When I saw the first line of this I immediately thought 'Hello, what's that bunch of reprobates up to now' before realizing it was Halifax in Canada, not the bunch I had dealings with in the 70s... the names and times keep flooding back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is possible that there are reprobate wargames on both sides of the pond.......

      Delete
  3. I checked Google. 9 and a half hour drive from here to Halifax. I don't think me or my car could make the trip in one piece! When are they going to bridge the Bay of Fundy, Ross?! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always the ferry if you have a chunk of spare cash :)

      Delete
  4. The subsidy system at its finest: you supply the troops; they provide the support. And everyone gets to play with toy soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul has a real old school ECW collection as almost all of the figures come from 3 or 4 collections, mostly Minifigs, painted in the 70s when the owners were in college.

      Delete