Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Minnow At The Oasis

Some enterprising folks (not me) have been busy organizing a weekend gaming convention in Halifax at the end of September and I've volunteered to run a semi-historical miniatures game. 

Minnow drives off the Mamlukes by using her silent stare.

Its a long boring story, and the bar is shut, so let me just say that, in essence, this week I realized that I missed the ease and smooth of the gridded games I had been largely playing until I decided that I needed to go off grid for Huzzah. So I set up the game I plan to run,  hauled out my Square Brigadier rules, and..... yup, that works for me. I think it'll be easier to learn and understand for many non-miniature players.

A battle report on the play test will follow and soon after, a copy of the updated rules, or at least a Quick Reference Sheet if the full thing is taking too long as I keep adding things, trains, balloons, amphibious ops, etc etc.



14 comments:

  1. Cats and wargaming tables ! , Hodge pinches trees and so is not allowed in the room unsupervised .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Minnow is rather more dignified now than when she was young.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a nice battlefield.
    Blue's General is micro-managing again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's actually criticizing the plans and actions of BOTH generals.

      Delete
  3. I find dice have an infallible attraction for felines. Woe betide any figures that get in the way of consequent footballing antics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss that sort of thing. Back in the 80's Hermes loved to catch the end of the tape measure in mid-air.

      Delete
  4. I can only assume you've turned Square Brigadier into some kind of HoTT variant and blue army was able to bring their Cat God into play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she's no one's toy, she deigns to make an appearance now to see what the staff are up to.....

      Delete
  5. Cheers for Minnow!
    I bow to our feline overlords. :)

    Happy gaming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I just got the reference in the title. ha ha
      I may be slow sometimes, but I usually get there. ha!

      Delete
    2. You may be the only one, but I couldn't help myself.

      Delete
  6. No one could maline you for such a feline visitor to the table.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete