Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Wednesday, November 13, 2024

There Are Days ....

 ....when I suspect that I am creeping towards old age, forgetting things and being tardy (mind you, I  have been forgetful and tardy since I was 5 yrs old, so its hard to tell).  Anyway, I usually post a Remembrance Day blog post but this year I only posted on FB. 

I did watch the ceremony broadcast from Ottawa, standing to attention when the last post was sounded as usual. To my surprise though, I found myself think not of previous generations, but of my own friends who have seen active duty in the years after my 9 years were up, and then remembering 50 years ago when several times I was one of the red coated officer cadets, marching through the streets to do honour those who had risked their lives and paid the price, whether it was their life, a limb, or less visible suffering.   

Thank you to CTV for this 2024 photo. The redcoats with pillbox caps will be from 1 of the 2 military colleges (we used to alternate).

Lest we forget.

1 comment:

  1. Ross Mac,

    That looks like it was a very impressive ceremony.

    Sue and I watched the highlights of the ceremony at the Centotaph in Westminster when we got back from the service at St Gerorge’s Garrison Church in Woolwich.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete