The 2nd Infantry has now been reorganized and their uniforms have been slightly modernized.
![]() |
| Umm, the lighting wasn't great, and I was tired. The coats are dark blue, not black! |
Anyway, a mix of home cast of my own sculpting, and 4 Scruby figures from Historifigs.
Now for some new cavalry!

Looking forward to seeing them in action, not to mention the forthcoming cavalry.
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland
The cavalry are up next, then the dice will roll.
DeleteVery smartly turned out and definitely look dark blue not black.
ReplyDeleteThanks,...... but I'll try to get better lighting when the armies roll on.
DeleteHi Ross,
ReplyDeleteSplendid work! They look dead sharp and properly turned out—and the coats definitely read as a rich dark blue! There’s something extra special about mixing your own custom home castings with classic Scruby figures. Looking forward to seeing the new cavalry.
All the best, Andy
Thanks. The new cavalry were picked up at a rummage sale at a Con about a decade ago. Hard plastic ACW from a German company, probably in the 60's or 70's.
DeleteA ten-year stay in the reserve pile makes their tabletop debut all the sweeter.
DeleteAll the best, Andy
Excellent looking unit looking forward to seeing them in action.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It'll probably be a week or more.
DeleteRoss, these are great figures. How long ago did you buy the figures from Historifigs? I was thinking about getting some figures from them, but I have been a bit wary. These look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing them in action.
ReplyDeleteEric