Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Ghost Riders

 I picked up these hard plastic 40mm figures at a Flea market at a US Con a few years ago. There were several styles of figures and both infantry and mounted cavalry, but without horses. 

Well, I've started on a small troop of cavaly. Ever since I cut my 6'x8' table to 4'x5', I've had to reduce the size of my squadrons to 4 figures. The kepis had to be modified like a peaked police cap, but there are semi-retired cavalry.

To be continued.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Ross,

    Trimming those kepis into peaked caps is a dead clever bit of conversion work. Four-figure cavalry squadrons make complete sense for a 4'x5' table too—keeps the units looking proportionate without cluttering up the battlefield.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'd love to know what company in what country made them, and when.

      Delete
    2. It's always a fun puzzle identifying mystery figures

      All the best, Andy

      Delete
    3. Perry Miniatures and Warlord games have both gone down the 40mm road, I think, Ross, I haven't really followed their developments, or ranges, but probably one of them?

      H

      Delete
    4. To me, they look more like 1950-70 toy soldiers than wargame figures.

      Delete
    5. Ps, they might be 3d printed based on copies of old figures. Hard to say these days.

      Delete
  2. These figures are full of potential and animated in an exciting fashion. I look forward to seeing what you do with them…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be too long before they get their baptism of dice rolling

      Delete
  3. Ross Mac,

    Nice, simple conversions that will add a useful squadron of cavalry to your forces.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete