Sunday, July 25, 2021

Ready To Take The Field

It was a busy weekend of the non-wargaming sort but I managed a few things.

The reinforced 2nd Origawn Infantry drilling.

Apart from the 4 new figures and rebasing a score or two of older ones, I also typed up several basic quick reference versions of the rules: on grid/off grid, morale tests vs rallying hits, 12 figure battalions vs battalions composed of  3 or 4 companies, each of  3,4, or 6 figures, and so on. These are all variations that I've  tried over the last couple of years, in various combinations, so reviewing old blog posts  allowed me to assess many of the pros and cons of each. Luckily, some of that 'work' was able to be done while minding puppies in the new outdoor pen or 1/2 watching tv during evening family time with some of the hounds. 

The new mixed with the old.

At this time, a 2 sides of a page set of rules using many MacDuff features and battalions with 3 companies, has been printed and are ready to be tested at the first opportunity. This should come somewhere between Tuesday and Saturday. 


11 comments:

  1. Well, I have been keeping busy with QRS building, myself. Always good fun (and prudent) to get thoughts down before forgotten. I await seeing your test results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to a weekend home alone, often good for hobby stuff!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing how the rules work and the game goes. Figures have much character about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this going to be a birthday bash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, more of a 'just me and the dogs' weekend type bash.

      Delete
  4. I should have such productive weekends when I'm concentrating on the hobby :) The officer in the campaign hat--love that "Smokey Bear" look of the era.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look a rough crowd - in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as long as they aren't disorderly after too many Spitits.

      Delete
  6. Ross, very nice indeed, and they mix perfectly with the old heralds because of the matching paintwork. I kept mine separate from traditional metal units but I stand corrected!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete