Wednesday, July 14, 2021

An Attention Divided

During our last remote game,  Rob mention that he had ordered some boxes of A.C.T.A. ECW figures for a small, low level game.

Irregular Miniatures (iir)

During the late 1990's, another friend and I had started painting up ECW when the range was first released. The CF had seen fit to post him to the other coast and that was that. I eventually sold off the ones I had painted but it occurred to me that I still had a few unpainted ones, so I offered them to Rob.

A Call To Arms 54mm

Then it occurred to me that I wouldn't mind painting up a few of them up myself without building an army. Besides, it would help him get a game on his table all the sooner.  Hmmm,   and maybe on my computer screen as well. It might be interest to command units I had painted on his table without the long journey.

12 comments:

  1. Commanding figures you painted for another’s army sounds good to me. I have done similarly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than trying to find storage room. When Jeff sets up a big 15mm Nap game for our loose association, I always elbow my way in to command some of my old lads.Alas most of my old figures have sailed to faraway lands.

      Delete
  2. The ACTA ECW figures are beautiful - I have a few awaiting my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed painting them back when and it'll be interesting to see how the painting goes 2 decades later.

      Delete
  3. Just been painting up a gun crew using these figures - very nice figures .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I ever got to painting an ECW crew, but some did get converted and paibted as 19C irregular Turk/Arab sorts!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well my 1st ECW Scots were 25mm Minifigs (Paul has those now) then I did 15mm, then 54mm.......not doing any more once these go out the door!

      Delete
  5. Sounds a splendid project to me , enjoy! I used that command figure once, cut off the goblet and stuck a falcon on his wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a jolly looking chap and no mistake. Definitely not a Roundhead! I could use my grandson's moderate interest in toy soldiers as an excuse to buy some ACTA figures. Hmmmmm. that might be my way into the ECW. Or ACW. Or something.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, I'm sure you need ACW in another scale! (I did have simultaneous 15mm, 20mm, & 54mm ACW with some 40's in the cupboard but I blame friends for leading me astray.)

      Delete