Thursday, June 9, 2022

Where Away?

There are a lot worse crises in this world than "Which of my toys shall I play with?"  but here I am. 

I'm not in the mood to do more conversions and painting of Turkish reinforcements, not to mention terrain all of which I want to add before they take to the table again. A look through what I've played over the last year showed that every one of my current collections has been on the table in the last year, even if for one small game, so its down to what I'm inspired to do. 

When I'm not inspired,  I sometimes call on the bolder of my helpful and appreciated readers for suggestions and requests! 

So any preferences?  Anything in my current collections is fair ball. (See My Current Collections page if wondering what those are. There are 7 current "Active" ones and 3 "Semi-retired" ones to choose from.

Prince Valiant perhaps?


or Blue vs Grey:


Maybe something slightly more modern? 


Or??? 

What would you like to see?   To have your say, please leave a comment or drop me an email at rmacfa@gmail.com

Our operators are standing by! 


 

24 comments:

  1. I think seeing another FRW game such as I participated in during your Huzzah 2021 prep would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noted. Maybe that would be incentive to do my unit of Marines and my unit of French cavalry in bicornes or maybe some more pike and scythe men.

      Delete
  2. Something more modern looks interesting. Would that be with your Square Brigadier in the Great War rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Great War armies are gone but the early 20thC rules are another variation of the Square Brigadier and not very different.

      Delete
  3. My vote goes to something Valiant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted that way. Need to read the volume where he explores Canada and cast and paint a bunch of Skraelings before I can start setting some games on hometurf but its time for him to come back to Britain at least.

      Delete
  4. Ross Mac,

    I'd vote for more early 20th century stuff ... but whatever you choose, it will no doubt give you lots of enjoyment ... and us as well!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Days of King Arthur or A gathering of Hosts would be my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the moment my thoughts would be 'more modern'. But then, tomorrow that could easily change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in a mere two days, what looked modern will be passed. But today thats a 3rd notch for the armoured car.

      Delete
  7. I'd like some more Anglo-Scottish action please. Though I have developed a fondness for the Revolutionary era French. A sort of a cross between Toy Soldier and Charles Grant, classic Old School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony, the Scots are the longest in waiting. As soon as I get at least 1 stand of the new figures painted up, I'll get them on table. Before the month is out!

      Delete
    2. Johnathon. As soon as I get a company of Marines and a landing party of sailors, they'll be out. Before the end of the month if all goes well.

      Delete
  8. Prince Valiant...Prince Valiant...Prince Valiant--that's three votes for PV :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup…Prince Valiant.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete