Saturday, June 11, 2022

And The Winner Is......

Thank you to all for the votes! If you haven't responded yet, fear not, leave a comment here and it will be added to the queue and could affect what the next game will be.

There were 16 votes by comment or message from 13 people so far. (Some people included a 2nd choice which is great.). A total of 6 periods were mentioned, and I will put all 6  in the queue, most requested first. 

The hands down winner was Prince Valiant and I'm working on scenario ideas. While doing so, it occurred to me that they would be perfect for an outdoor wilderness scenario, but I think I''ll save that for when I get some Algonquin warriors without muskets painted up and have read Prince Valiant's North American episodes. A good excuse for reading in the shade on a hot spring/summer day.

The second runner up was early 20thC and I resumed working on  bringing a couple of the units up to scratch yesterday, and thinking about a follow up scenario to the last game. 

Third runner up was the French Revolution so they will be back ere long, hopefully with at least 1 new unit, a proper naval landing party (instead of Pirates) and some, not yet royal, Marines. A raid on the coast is in my mind.


There was one vote for tricornes and since I'm not keen on trying to squeeze my Not Quite The Seven Years War Charge! armies onto my little table, I hope that an Anglo-French scrap in North America will do.  

Lastly, there were votes for 16thC and my not even vaguely historical Medieval/Fantasy collection from my Gathering of Hosts blog. Once I get a stand or two of my new Scots pikemen painted up, the 16thC will make an overdue reappearance, while I consider what the story line for The Gathering of Hosts suggests next. We'll be well into July by then!



Now, time for more coffee while I come up with a story line and scenario for Prince Micheal in the Age of King Arthur!

9 comments:

  1. Excellent! Looking forward to reading the report Ross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should come up with a scenario within the hour and get to work on preparing it.

      Delete
  2. Two votes ( 1st and 2nd) for the gathering of hosts please.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noted! Its going to be a while though, (In addition to everything else, I'm out of scenario ideas for troops in hand!).

      Delete
  3. Ross- good to see Prince Valiant being a favorite. Any votes for ACW in OO Scale? Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make that 1 Kev but in any event, I'm pretty sure that they'll be back in July or August.

      Delete
  4. They all sound good! I Think I'd go for the early 20th century, with maybe 16th Century as 2nd choice.. Looking forward to whatever you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going with the flow of comments :). 20thC will be the next game after the current one, already been doing some work to bring some of the 20thC units up to scratch.

      Delete
  5. All of these are cracking good matchups.

    ReplyDelete