Friday, September 16, 2022

For My Next Act

 (Nuthin' up my sleeve...)

I've been dragging my feet on painting up some PA Skraelings to fight some Vikings, or  someone. but I've got a few cast and primed. I even added bows to 2 warriors (4 actually except I ran out of wire to finish the second 2.) 

There was a lengthy delay while I looked for informatiom and pondered whether to correct the skraeling castings or leave them be. (things like there being no evidence for the famous "Mohawk" scalplock being worn in the east coast tribes and bows and stone clubs being the most common weapons etc), but I decided to let it slide apart from adding a few bows. (I need more wire!)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's not my doing, the credit goes to Prince August for the castings.

      There's not a lot of info on what the "Skraelings" in the Icelandic sagas wore and what weapons they used but with a bit of digging, the little evidence seems to point to the bow as a major pre-contact weapon, and that there is no evidence for the coastal peoples shaving their heads. The two deciding factors for me are that Hal Foster episodes with Prince Valiant in Canada included warriors like this, ("print the legend") and that they'll probably see more service in the F&IW wars than vs Vikings.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, even the most ardent historical minis painter must concede to 'gaming concessions'.

    >(I need more wire!)

    For a second, I thought I read "wine" instead of "wire." (hey. it's late.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd had wine, the result might have been rather interesting in the short time before I fell asleep!

      Delete