Saturday, October 22, 2022

Refit, Reorganize.

 Since I was happy with the 6 stand Brigade units. I've gone ahead and started refitting in preparation for a 2nd test game.

First up was a quick repainting of the backs of my stands. Red for 1st Division, Blue for 2nd etc and marked each stand in a Brigade so I can easily ID the Division and Brigade of every stand. This should make deployment and cleanup easier as well as helping to maintain brigade integrity while playing.

Nothing tidy about a casualty station. The empty horse on the right did have an Airfix wounded cavalry trooper on its saddle when I went downstairs for supper. A search will be organized in daylight. Oddly enough, while I have 6 or 7 Airfix cavalry officers and various troopers, I only have the one 'I been shot ma' figure, the now missing one.......

Since I've gone back to tracking hits by brigade by using small dice bought for that purpose earlier this year, I also resumed a paused project to paint a casualty marker for each unit. This will consist of a wounded figure, or similar, on a round base with room for one of the little dice. Based on past experience, this should make it easier to keep the marker associated with the correct unit. This old project was made easier by the large donation of figures last year which contained a number of wounded etc. A helpful addition.  

,

6 comments:

  1. Good idea the casualty markers - just dice next to a unit do get lost or misappropriated .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the midst of a critical fight, I've been known to roll one in combat despite their being a different size and colour!

      Delete
  2. Ross Mac,

    I like the idea of painting the back of the stands to represent which division is which make lots of sense. I also like the casualty markers.

    I look forward to seeing the newly organised divisions and casualty markers in use asap.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll happen this week. I want to try it all on an old chestnut if a tabletop teaser.

      Delete
  3. Will the dice be secured to the bases with hobby tac (or similar) or were you thinking more in terms of dice frames?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is $0 affair so for now they will sit free on the stand. If I ever decide to haul this lot down to Huzzah to see it there's nostalgia for old Airfix and simple rules, I might use a bit of some sort of putty to hold the dice.

      Delete