Friday, October 14, 2022

Finnigan Begin Again

Today I had a few hours and was able to get back to my game. It didn't take long to remember that when I last had the ACW lads out, I had been trying to work out a faster playing, but still engaging, game. It only took a few turns to realize that I had once again designed a fast playing, boring, game. Pfhhhttt!  

Somewhere near the 1/2 way mark of the first battle, begun last week.

So it was back to the drawing board. I'll spare you the details of the internal discussions but the sporadic experiments this year have taken me from 3 stand Regiments grouped into 3 regiment Brigades grouped into 2 or 3 Brigade Divisions,  to  9 stand Brigades grouped into 1 division, to  6 stand Brigades with 2 or 3 forming a Division. 

On Saturday I'll see how it goes.

"When Johnny comes marching...." 


Drummer!  Sound the long roll!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The first step is deciding what it actually want to do with a given collection and what the parameters of space, time etc are. Its taken a few years for these things to settle in after a decade of frequent changes some due to outside factors, some to health, and others due to due to settling other collections which had been in competetion with the ACW for the same slot in "the plan" but at least things are stable now, (and hopefull will stay so for a few years)..

      Delete
  2. Whatever you decide with the rules the miniatures and terrain are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly its the imperfections that seem to make it perfect for atmosphere.

      Delete
  3. Rules…No rules or half a game…
    I would be happy just to put this collection on the table and look at it 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete