Sunday, May 5, 2024

Another Turn, Another Adjustment

I do get some of the weirdest ideas when fishing about for new ideas for a new rule set. Ideally, I'd know what I want before I start but usually I only know that I want something different from what I had been doing, usually because the old rules were too finicky or too simple. accidentally favoured unusual tactics, took too long to reach a conclusion, or too little time.......etc etc....  Annoying when solo but really annoying and frustrating with guinea players.

Anyway, I got another 2 turns played after my outdoor chores were done (Winter is coming! but a few cords of wood are coming the day after tomorrow so I need to have a spot for a heap of firewood to be dumped.)

The fighting heats up as the afternoon starts to edge towards evening.

I kept getting the new turn sequence confused and it just didn't "feel right" so I rolled it back, trimmed some more old habits and failed new ideas and am ready for another go tomorrow.    

2 comments:

  1. Winter? (I guess it's good to be ready) ha ha
    good luck, with that and with the game/rules!

    ReplyDelete