Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Saturday, July 27, 2024

He's Back! MacDuff's Back!

It's been a while since I've played Horse and Musket games with single figures and I have been struggling to put together a new set of rules to satisfy me. So, eventually, I dug out the appropriate issues of "The Courier"from my shelves, went over my original With MacDuff rules, and started thinking. Then, I reread the post on my last "as printed" MacDuff F&IW game" (See this 2021 battle report post and comments. )  

Note: To my surprise a quick Google came up with Noble Knight Games which is a source of back issues of the Courier at cheap prices (less than $5Ca) including Issue #72 for my With MacDuff To the Frontier F&IW rules and Issue #73, the original Colonial version) (and NO, I don't get any of the money)

(See this 2021 battle report post and comments. ) 

So, I'm now going over them to see what, if anything, needs some meddling with, in order to use them for the Caribbean in the 1790's. 


 You know, sometimes I think I can be almost as inefficient as a real Department of Defense....



4 comments:

  1. Given that Courier issue must have been about 1996/7 and the author commented that some "readers might think the rules old fashioned" don't expect too much Ross ;-) THough I take the view that somethings get better with age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I was as smarter then as I thought, if less well informed about life in general, and just as prone to constant fiddling.

      Delete
  2. Being as inefficient as a real department of defense sets the bar pretty high. I'd try for something like "drunken sailor" or "lottery winner" myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess that I haven't done the lottery thing yet....

      Delete