Monday, April 5, 2010

Sincere flattery

O
For those Featherstone fans, esp those with a connection to Battles with Model Soldiers, and those who enjoy a blow by blow look at how a set of rules plays, I recommend dropping over to Steve's Random Musing blog for his refight of the intro scenario from said book using Regimental F&F.  Now, it came as a jolt to me that, although I have reread the original a hundred times or more,  I have no memory of playing it out. Odds are I did when I was 15 and my copy of the book new but I have no memory. This is going to be a busy month what with wrapping up a business,  moving house etc but I should be able to find time for this.
Now technically I should probably use some of these lads (shown above) but I have a hunger on me to get my shiny 40s on the table. The plan is to run through this short scenario, the 3rd, all arms version, using the original deployment and following the original battleplans as closely as events allow, using various rules. An exercise for Black Powder, a comparison to the latest version of With Macduff, probably Charge! since its on mind after the recent games and possibly Featherstone's own.

3 comments:

  1. We will all be looking forward to the actions and rule comparisons.

    Good luck with all of the "real life" hassles.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - looking forward to it...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Airfix!, airfix!, airfix!...

    Pjotr
    http://nyudrevchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete