Tuesday, September 22, 2015

First Batch

My first batch of Prince August Prussians has now been painted as Brunswick Regiment Von Riedesel. I wanted to start by painting the figures as cast. It shouldn't be hard to file off the tops of the gaiters should I get the urge to paint a company in striped overalls. 
The newly painted Brunswickers pretending to encounter American rebels. All figures from PA molds
Next up will be a look at the plan going ahead in light of my renewed determination to have each part of the collection offer something different over and above uniforms.

6 comments:

  1. Your New Brunswick recruits look very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's how my first try went, "my new Brunsick ". oh.....hmmm...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping the bright colours will give them an edge over the fellows in brown.

      Delete
  3. They look terrific, Ross. Very vibrant and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the gloss varnish does seem to heighten the effect of the little bits of red and yellow.

      Delete