Saturday, July 13, 2019

An X (Year 10)

Once again I show the trait that led my PT sergeant to nickname me the Late Mr. Macfarlane. None the less, I am still here in the pink a year and 9 days after my "little incident" and have every hope and expectation of continuing to do so for at least another decade or so.

Since I haven't painted any 40mm Bleu's yet, (soon, soon) here's the traditional Scruby 22mm one again.


Looking back and ahead, this has been one of very few of my adult years in which there has been no major upheaval either at work (don't miss it) or home or hobby. The plan is: "Steady as she goes!"

The only hobby commitment I have is to show up at Huzzah with 12 40mm French Revolution units for A Gentleman's War. Two down, ten to go. I'm going to shoot for an average of two units a month to give me time to exercise them before they go into action. First task is to do a bicorne head and a new head mould for bicornes and round hats so I can start converting.

Should leave plenty of time for my 54mm Toy Soldiers, Some Doug Miller Landsnechts, and oh by the way, I don't "NEED" them BUT have you seen Hat's upcoming 1/72nd ACW command and marching infantry sets?



Actual command figures and proper marching ones in real uniforms with various hats (sic)? Oh my. One can always find room for more ACW figs right?


18 comments:

  1. Here's to the next 10 Ross. The Scruby figure is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those HAT figures are rather nice aren't they .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where were they 40 years ago? Oh well they'll have friends when they get here. (if they really do reach release and I can find a vendor..))

      Delete
  3. You've got to love those Scruby's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! But after ditiching my 15mm Brits and Turks/Mamlukes, and my nascent 54mm Brits and Turks, I decided not to go there. Of course, once I decided to jump on the 40mm French Rev wagon and realized I could use pretty much all of my existing but armyless 40mm Turks.....

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the anniversary and steady on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. Need to tighten up discipline though.

      Delete
  5. Glad to have you around and still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With weddings and other life going on, I have been neglecting the French Revolution for a couple of weeks, but expect to be sitting down to some soon. More molds from Prince August arrived...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to ten more years of gaming and your excellent blog, Ross!

    ReplyDelete