Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Getting Ready for the Weekend

No no, nothing to with carousing and the like. The first tabletop convention is happening in Kentville this weekend. So Nova Scotia gamers who happen to see this: COME help the hard working organizers to make it a success!
https://kingcon.ktabs.ca/

There will be every sort of board game from classic family to the latest releases, wargames both board and miniatures, scifi, fantasy, RPG, some of the popular recent wargame releases and even some classic old school historical miniatures. OK one anyway.
Hasty layout to try my latest, more old school, version of Crysler's Farm (War of 1812). Game to be test played on Thursday.

I was planning on being there as much as possible and try something new but domestic duties are going to limit me to Saturday and Sunday morning. If I can lure anyone in, I'll be offering one hour "walk up and try it" sessions  for 1 to 4 players. War of 1812 and Prince Valiant. If not I'll be busy anyway.

12 comments:

  1. I hope that it goes well for all involved. Do post afterwards about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ross- Are the figures in the 1812 photo -30mm? It all looks terrific. Best Wishes for the Convention. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40mm, mostly Scruby but a few others inc some originals by John Bertolini and some by me.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a ton of fun! The idea of a one hour long walk up was something my friends and I did some twenty years ago and it usually works well. It gives folks who are between games something tangible to do rather than simply wandering about the site. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect many miniature wargamers, esp not histprical ones but can at least spread the word and maybe catch someone's interest.

      Delete
  4. Have fun! I’m about ready for a local convention ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to watch for this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great to hear. I hope it's a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, a number of people (not me) have worked hard on this.

      Delete