Saturday, August 31, 2019

Mustering for A Gentleman's War

September is almost upon us and with it is our 3rd annual get-together with some old longtime wargaming friends.
This year I'm going to give the lads a chance to try 'A Gentleman's War' using a 'proper' gentleman's army of glossy old toy soldiers. 

Having reviewed the troops on hand, I've decided to go with smaller than usual for AGW but acceptable units of 8 infantry or 4 cavalry. The armies will each have a pool of 9 units: 2 cavalry, 1 artillery and 6 infantry, one of which can be light infantry.

Some of my units had not yet been upgraded to 8 so I cast up a few recruits to bring them up to strength.

While you're waiting for the battle,  here are links to last year's ECW game, and the ACW game from the year before.

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful and impressive face to face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are supposed to be parading today but it does look like a fight could breakout at any moment.

      Delete
  2. All that’s lacking is the port—a matter of timing rather than oversight, I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With this lot of Canadian milita and angry Irishmen? I suspect beer and whiskey might be more likely.

      Delete
  3. Looking at that reminds me of the Wolfe/Montcalm situation - did they really say 'After youy' 'No, after you' for shooting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks (and sounds) highly promising, Ross. Eager to read the after action report.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very good indeed , ideal for AGW .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was there...looks to be a good game. Just keep those cavalry out of the line of fire until the infantry is stuck in. :D My son’s remark on game balance in my most recent fights was that I shouldn’t count cavalry at all...

    ReplyDelete